Grilling season is here (well, really, when isn't it grilling season??) and Eliot’s has your back! Impress your friends and family with this incredible steak salad. A hit of lime, flavorful spice, tender steak and a creamy peanut vinaigrette make this slaw loaded with fresh herbs the All-Star of any meal. Need a flavor hit? This is the move.
- 1 lb. Hanger Steak
- 1/2 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons (you can use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup Eliot’s Adult Nut Butters Spicy Thai Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce, your choice
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- For the dressing, combine peanut butter, juice of half the lime, 1/2 cup olive oil, hot sauce, honey and blend or whisk to incorporate. Season with salt.
- Rub steak with olive oil, grill on high heat until medium-rare, slice thin.
- Toss the remaining ingredients in a bowl with the steak and add enough vinaigrette to coat. Assemble on a plate and top with more crushed peanuts and an extra hit of hot sauce if you like it really spicy! Serve with extra lime wedges and an icy beverage.
Pro Tip: Take the steak out of the refrigerator 30 mins early to ensure even cooking!
Recipe and photo credit to Mantry